AVESCO RENT, a subsidiary of the Caterpillar Group, is a supplier of equipment rental solutions for construction sites, events, professionals and individuals. Avesco Rent SA officially represents the brand "The Cat Rental Store" of the Caterpillar group in Switzerland. Avesco Rent is available across Switzerland through more than 20 agencies in both French and German-speaking Switzerland.
Migration of the AvescoRent wesite in 2 languages FR - DE from Typo 3 to WordPress
Maintain current SEO positioning & optimize loading time
Import of all pages, products: 400 products, 200 characteristics per product, around 70 pages
Develop a simpler Back Office management
STRATEGY IN 10 STEPS
- Import categories, products and characteristics
- Import training courses, domain names... to customs post type
- Import articles and pages
- Reinstatement of the site
- Bug fixing
- Link through the tool “Princing tools” thanks to an “API REST”
- Liaison with the Hubspot CRM
- Migration to a new server
- Testing, validation and deployment
- Optimization of loading time
Difficulties & solutions:
1. Importing content
- Among the solutions available, there are some automated services for migrating data from typo 3 to WordPress. These services provide a solution to import content, categories, users, etc., quickly, easily and at a reasonable price. However, in the case of Avesco we do not recommend to use these services because they do not allow us to organize the imported content in the WordPress "customs posts type" created previously to structure the site, such as the WooCommerce "product" post type.
- Keep the current site positioning (SEO)
b.Solutions: In the first place, we have exported the content by batch into several csv files and in a second stage, we have imported them with the WP ALL IMPORT plugin and these Add-Ons :
- WooCommerce Add-On (for importing products)
- Advanced Custom Fields Add-On (for importing characteristics and fields)
- Yoast WordPress SEO Add-On (for importing SEO metas)
- WPML All Import (for multilingual content)
For the products, we started by importing the product characteristics, then the categories, the products and finally their translations.
To avoid losing the current positioning of the website, we have imported all the metas and kept the same urls.
This task was arduous but we obtained a well-organized and well- structured content. Last but not least, we managed to import all the content without loss.
2. Optimization of loading time: we have optimized the loading time by:
- Reducing the size of CSS resources
- Activating Gzip compression
- Optimizing images and reducing page size
3. We have established a connection between the website and the CRM pricing solution that allows us to manage data transfers automatically through a REST API.
The data sent through quote request form is automatically transferred to the CRM application: contacts, accounts, products, requests, etc.
Thanks to this integration of the REST API between the Website and the CRM we were able to guarantee our customer:
- Optimization of sales force management
- Improving customer knowledge
- Centralization of administrative and workflow processes.
- Improving customer billing service
- The possibility to continue our targeted marketing actions
4. We established a connection between the website and the Hubspot CRM through the REST API provided by Hubspot which allowed us to record quotation request form submissions and make the consolidation of all leads possible in the contact database.